Together, our team helps spring the potential of NYC nonprofits into the progress of young people. Be part of the movement helping the youth soar.
NYC is home to some of the best and brightest youth in the world, but too much of their potential remains unrealized. There are over 1,500 organizations helping youth in New York, and Youth INC identifies those that want to deepen their impact and build the strong and sustainable organizations required to help young people thrive.
We help our nonprofit partners build their capacity in critical areas, including: improving fundraising and governance practices, leadership development, building boards, strategic planning, marketing and funding critical elements of infrastructure. We serve as the bridge for bringing academic insight and evidence-based best practices with talent and resources from the corporate sector to provide our nonprofit partners with the tools to thrive. Our double bottom line is that thriving organizations help young people thrive! We currently partner with 80+ youth development organizations that work with over 250,000 NYC youth each year.
We believe our team is the heart and soul of our 25+ year old organization. Our team is a diverse group of fun, engaging, savvy people who care deeply about making the world a more just and equitable place. Our work place culture is dynamic, entrepreneurial, supportive and collaborative. We value work-life balance and welcome ideas and suggestions from everyone about how to improve and grow our organization. Above all, we are mission-driven. You will enjoy a welcoming environment, ample professional-development opportunities, and great benefits like excellent health care and a generous 401(k) match.
We also take a genuine interest in the career paths of our team. We take pride in developing and advancing our people, which is demonstrated by 70% of our staff partners having been promoted within the last 24 months.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Position:
Youth INC is seeking a Social Media and Digital Content Assistant who can take our organization’s social platforms to the next level, highlighting the excellence of our programs and expected growth. The successful candidate will be able to develop creative social media strategies to elevate our brand and those of our partners. Showcase the dynamic model and work of Youth INC with thought out communication strategies. This position specializes in wearing multiple hats throughout the production process, including concepting, potential creating graphic packages, posting and then analyzing the data. They will manage the development, planning, and production (or outsourcing) of the organization’s creative, as well as concept content for all mediums. This role should be a high energy, positive attitude creative who can produce quality content packages end-to end with minimal oversight.
Youth INC is a bridge between the business community and the social impact sector serving young people in NYC and this position will be responsible for external relations across all constituencies. This role is to keep current and future Youth INC advocates informed of exciting organizational developments, success stories of our nonprofit partners, and supporting sponsors while ensuring digital platforms are being utilized for maximum impact. This position will help build the bridge between our stakeholders and our work through our social/digital storytelling.
All applicants must comply with Youth INC’s vaccination policy. Individuals selected for employment cannot begin working until they provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine) or submit and gain approval for a Medical or Religious Exemption.
• Understand history, current challenges, and future potential to design a social marketing strategy that supports our organizational strategy and goal
• Develop creative social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to elevate our brand and the brands of our partners, engage potential donors & advocates, showcases the dynamic model and work of Youth INC, and drive revenue-generating initiatives
• Use creativity and sound judgment to create interesting content
• Support the development and implementation of an effective strategy for leveraging social media and other digital communications (website, organizational profiles, etc.) which includes producing engaging short-form copy and graphic design to enhance Youth INC’s brand and further the organization’s strategic goals
• Enhance Youth INC’s ability to manage content internally and across platforms, keeping important information up to date on our website and in collateral
• Serve as the go to video editor on organization’s in-house or outsourced productions, depending on experience
• Create, implement, and update the event & social media production calendar throughout the year
• Prepare and distribute detailed planning and logistics communications in a timely manner at every stage of an event
• Support the Development team in the production of virtual and live (when it is safe to transition back) events
• Create, distribute and track all digital projects Provide dedicated operational and logistical support for all events Update organization’s website (currently utilizing Webflow)
• Track Partner (non-profit, corporate and Board) engagement on social media platforms
• Perform other duties as assigned
Functional knowledge & skills:
• High School diploma required.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in the social media space and digital editing arenaProficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Dropbox, Salesforce, Salsa Engage and virtual meeting channels like Zoom, and content databases
• Fluent in the best practices and cultures of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and other emerging platforms and experience in creating basic graphics with Adobe Suite of creative tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Canva)
• Experience with analytics and listening tools such as Buffer, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Google Analytics
Planning and Organizing Work:
• Self-starter with ability to solving day-to-day problems with directionAdept at managing your time, and you can balance multiple projects and tasks
• Highly organized and efficient
• Detailed planning and precise execution; works well under pressure
• Capacity to work creatively with archival materials Data-driven, results-oriented, forward-looking catalyst for social change
• Capacity to work creatively with archival materials
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Highly collaborative, with an ability to work well in a cross-functional team and manage up, down and across the organization
Oral Communication, Written Communication, Presentation Skills:
• Writing and editing skills, experience writing for various audiences
• Effective communicator with strong oral and written skillsAbility to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff
Service to Others:
• Stakeholder Focus
• Strong understanding and application of diversity, equity, and inclusion issues, trends, and forecasts, preferred
• Collaborate with in-person and remote team members
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Flexible and agile when faced with new opportunities
• This position requires a time commitment that may include occasional evenings, early mornings and (rarely) weekends when events take place
• Nonprofit or professional AV experience a plus
• Entitled to work in the United States without work permit sponsorship from Youth INC, and able to work from the NYC office 2-3 days a week.
• Salary Range: $45k-$60k, depending on experience. This is currently an hourly position, with overtime (at time and a half) during peak seasons. We also take a genuine interest in the career paths of our team. We take pride in developing and advancing our people, which is demonstrated by 70% of our staff partners having been promoted within the last 24 months.
• This position is eligible for promotion to a salaried position in Dec 2022/Jan 2023 during our annual promotion period.
• Annual Merit and Bonus Eligible
• Generous health insurance coverage
• A minimum of 10 organizational holidays, 5 sick days and 22 PTO days holiday per year. Upon your third anniversary, you receive an additional 5 PTO days
• Summer Fridays
• Youth INC not only has a Retirement Savings Plan but also automatically contributes 3% on your behalf each year, regardless of whether or not you make a contribution
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of "Senior Associate Director of Grants and Institutional Partnerships" in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Youth INC is seeking a Social Media and Digital Content Assistant who can take our organization’s social platforms to the next level, highlighting the excellence of our programs and expected growth. The successful candidate will be able to develop creative social media strategies to elevate our brand and those of our partners. Showcase the dynamic model and work of Youth INC with thought out communication strategies. This position specializes in wearing multiple hats throughout the production process, including concepting, potential creating graphic packages, posting and then analyzing the data. They will manage the development, planning, and production (or outsourcing) of the organization’s creative, as well as concept content for all mediums. This role should be a high energy, positive attitude creative who can produce quality content packages end-to end with minimal oversight. Learn more